Re: STARLIT VELVET, other clump formers?

Here I go again, bad mouthing another perfectly good iris, but I killed
Shipshape a long time ago -victim of 'iris abuse', fluctuating temperatures,
drought, weed eater spattered spores, or fescue grass.  It never even managed
to bloom.

How about a good blue or blue lavender clumper tolerant of not being divided,
maybe about Victoria Falls color?  She may not fall over here, but she
doesn't make a very good clump.  Something that doesn't bloom too early....
 Full Tide is kind of iffy here - usually tries to bloom but also usually
gets cold injury.

This old blue plicata seedling of Tom Parkhill's is a wonderful fast growing
clump forming iris that laughs at my rot problems.  I think he ought to
introduce it, but he says he waited too long and now it is too 'old
fashioned'.  Do people still introduce old fashioned iris? a la '60s and

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east Tennessee usa