Re: What to do with these pods?

Jim Schroetter writes

:        I have two stalks that have developed nice pods, but not under the
:flower I pollenated. Same stalk, different flower. Now I hope this is not a
:highly obvious, stupid of me to ask question, but can pollenating one flower
:create pods on other parts of the stalk to form? Can the pollen travel around
:in the stalk, or is it impossible? If it is possible, has anyone pollenated
:one flower and had more than one pod develop on the stalk?

In all likelihood, those other pods were caused by insect pollination.
Hence they are not likely to be from the same pollen as the crosses you
made. In principle, I suppose there is some chance that the pollen you
applied to one bloom might have fallen or drifted onto another, but the
odds are very much against it.

If you plant the seeds from the unintended pods, you would have to
regard the pollen parent as "unknown".

Happy irising, Tom.