Re: Cutting back fans?

Jim -- Are you ready for the responses to your question about cutting back?
Perhaps you should take a poll and find out how many folks stand on one side
or the other of this issue.  here's one vote for cutting back around
Thanksgiving here in Buffalo, NY, zone 5b/6a, or when they've had a frost,
to collect borer eggs and to clean the rhizomes of rotting foliage to prevent
rot of the rhizomes.
		However, there might be folks who remember my saying that
this is the year I will wait until Spring to cut and clean.
		Someone else in WNYIS runs the lawn mower over the bed in
late summer.
	Perhaps I'll wait to see if it snows at Thanksgiving and let that
factor determine what to do.  The main thing is to be squeeky clean out there.
Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY