Re: Invasive pseudo

In and around Buffalo New York pseudocorus thrives in drainage ponds of new
construction... malls, University of Buffalo new campus -- built in swampy
area, new housing developments in the suburbs, of course.  looks nice, and
folks dig them for their home gardens.
Likewise purple loosestrife.  A person on the internet with whom I was
exchanging postings said that purple loosestrife is not invasive in the
south.  Is that true??
My contention is that purple loosestrife is such a menace here in the north
-- it is almost devestating bird sanctuaries -- is NOT the garden variety
and therefore neither should be used in gardens to avoid confusing passersby
who go to swamps and dig the awful kind.  What are your comments?
Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY