Re: Iris genetics, reproduction, and disease

Carolyn asked - >What do you mean?  Do you mean weed-eating string trimmers
that throw clippings?>

Yes.  I stay so busy hunting possums that sometimes the grass (who am I
kidding - 'lawn' includes a lot of species besides grass) edges don't get
trimmed untl after they have become a little stemmy.  I doubt that a soft
blade of grass would do much damage, but it you have ever been snapped in the
bare legs and feet with some of the bits that are less sappy, you know it
could possibly damage delicate little iris leaves just looking for an excuse
to rot.  Especially during hot dry weather.