Re: Favorite Sibs and other stuff...

I saw SNOW PRINCE at KathyGuest's garden today.  It is the greatest thing
since mashed potatoes and onions!! I mean, it is Great!!  I absolutely
have to have it!! It's a Shirley Pope, white to cream, with branching and
I think I counted seven to nine buds.  I couldn't believe it.
	Clarence -- some folks at our iris show were (delicate, here) discussing
the second bud/terminal bloom placement. What's your thoughts -- at what
stage is that second bud interferring with the terminal bloom on a siberian?
I find that second bud coming along to be attractive as it stands up there.
Is there some sort of "rule" about precisely when that second bud should
make it's appearance?  I'd think that the second bloom should be coming out
as the terminal curls up, if not deadheaded, so that there is always a bloom
there -- and make that what ARE your thoughtSSS.

Carolyn Schaffner