Re: Favorite Sibs and other stuff...

On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, Dennis Stoneburner wrote:

> I don't understand how Butter and Sugar lands high on the SIS Ballot
> each year. Does anybody have good stories to tell, not hear-say?

	I planted a very small and weak rhizome in July '94....almost lost
	it but I watered it every chance I got - sometimes four (yeah) times
	a day....it cam back in time to be mulched for our Zone 3 winter -
	-40 degrees F.......

	Last summer it did okay but didn't clump well - three bloomstalks -
	I thought it was a loser in my garden...BUT

	Enter '96 and it just took off - wonderful clump - tons (literally)
	of buds......I have no Siberians blooming yet but any day now -
	ILLINI ENCORE has two partially opened buds.....

	I will report more when B & S's buds bloom....the real test!

	Ellen Gallagher   e_galla@moose.ncia.net