Re: Iris genetics, reproduction, and disease

Linda, your message said "I have suspected weed eating particularly .."
What do you mean?  Do you mean weed-eating string trimmers that throw clippings?
I had not thought of this as causing injury to foliage, and I will have to
think about it.  I don't have much rot problem -- we seem to be dry enuf
to take care of most of it, especially if I don't mulch or grow things goo
-- that's (too) close to iris.  I can get rot if the rhizomes are shaded.

But grass clippings -- do you suppose they are sharp enuf to cut into the leaf?
Or is it the laying onto the leaf?  Would a hose-down be in order??
Interesting problem and a good excuse to get a new string trimmer that
isn't broken!!!
Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY where it's damned wet and if we're going to
get rot, this year will do it!!