Iris show

Hi all
Capital-Hudson iris Society held its first AIS-sanctioned show yesterday.
 Queen of show was Bumblebee Deelite, exhibited by one of our youth members,
Laura Salhoff, 14.
Other top winners were, in order, Sindjkha (Sturtevant 1918), Center Court,
Codicil, Color Carnival (Deforest 1949).
We had approx. 65 stalks officially entered, plus 20 current and historic
no-names brought in for display and help with ID.  Our Chair, and champion
iris-grower Bob Keup had cut his winning stalks (Center Court & Codicil) at
11 pm in a driving rain, holding an umbrella, and braving wind and lightning
as well.
I hope he can compete in WNY next year and show his winning form there as
Proud mama of Cap-Hudson
Kathryn Mohr