mosquitos vs. black flies

On Sun, 9 Jun 1996 Jeolord@aol.com wrote:

> Julia
> Northern Indiana -- home of the killer mosquitoes!

	Maybe so but up here in the Northern White Mountains (N.H.), I was
	screaming for mercy from the mosquitos AND black flies - the garden
	was unbearable but we were out there anyway, trying to swat with mud-
	caked gloves (pretty hard when they get under the eye-glasses) - I
	took the glasses off when I was transplanting and couldn't see the
	name of the cultivar but it was worth killing a few of those blood-
	suckers!

	I went to pick up some new plants today from Mountain River Flower
	Farm here and I knew we were in the cyberspace era when my plants
	had `e_galla' tags rather than my name....

	Ellen Gallagher    e_galla@moose.ncia.net