Invasive pseudo

Invasive species of animals and plants are gaining increasing
political-scientific-bureaucratic attention in North America
(Mexico-US-Canada).  As an iris enthusiast who is also involved with
invasive species policy, I have been reading with interest the various
messages in Iris pseudocorus which I believe is the only "invasive" species
of all the irises.

What we are missing is a detailed knowledge of just where this species has
broken loose from our gardens and invaded natural habitats and, more
particularly, locations where it has agressively taken over habitat from the
local species.

I would be grateful if subscribers would e-mail me with the answer to these
two questions:-

1. is pseudocorus living in the wild (that is outside gardens and city
parks, etc.) in your region?

2. do you know of a location in your area where pseudocorus is focusing out
species that make up the natural, local biodiversity.

The more specific the reply the better.

Many thanks.  I will compile the replies along with other information and
make it available in one or other format.

If people wish to give me details at the MASS Medley, I will be delighted to
talk to them.

Ian E. Efford
avocet@worldlink.ca