Re: Help for a friend

Patty Forster wrote:

> >To all who can help,
> >
> >I have an e-mail friend living in Neveda ...
> >
> >She says her area is dry and windy during the summer.  Any recommendations
> of irises for her.

Arils and arilbreds should do well. They are used to dry summers. If she can't resist the urge to
water in the summer, she should do it when it is windy (advice from Luella Danielson, and so much
more believable than if it came from me).

>> I checked the iris sites and will send her some names of
> societies in Nevada.

Also let her know that the Region 14 fall meeting is in Las Vegas, around Oct. 26.

Gerry Snyder, southern California, where the season is virtually over, but Fall Fiesta has just
started (short stalks, but nice blooms).