Re: Great Blue Herons

In a message dated 96-06-06 13:14:58 EDT, John wrote:

>Hey, anybody know a homeless GB Heron? I have way too many goldfish in my
>pond and
>the cats aren't fast enough...

Better be careful, or you may get what you wish for!  If I send you a great
blue heron you won't have too many goldfish----you won't have any.  I am
fortunate to have built my pond without steps on the sides, and to have made
it over 3 feet deep....the herons have nothing to stand on to do their
fishing.  They may get a few, but not many....several of my friends here in
McLean, who have shallow ponds, had all their koi eaten.

 This being an iris list, I must add that DORTHEA K. WILLIAMSON and BLACK
GAMECOCK are now in bloom, along with I. pseudacorus "Ivory"...which for some
reason seems to bloom later than the other forms.  Clarence Mahan in VA