Re: Error Condition Re: I. reticulata "Harmony" question

Karin -- Riticulata are pretty, the first things to bloom here in the north,
but don't spread.  I think you are looking for what we call Medians --
anythng shorter than a TB.  And Spread???? all the medians spread (we say,
increase) rapidly!!  Any Border Bearded (BB) which is 16 to 27 inches, or
Standard Dwarf (SDB) which is 8 to 15 inches, or Miniature Dwarf Bearded (MDB)
which is 8 inches tall will spread like crazy.
	There have been some wonderful ones mentioned on this LIST!! Pick
yer color!!  Some folks here are also getting them to REBLOOM!!

I'm beginning to think the Intermediate Bearded (IB), which has the same
height as Border Bearded above and should be in the list above) are my
favorite.  They don't fall down, they are in nice proportion, they are
graceful, take us less space, but bloom just before the TB's (except this year
when they are overlapping a whole lot)
	Some cute cute cute BB's out there.
What you really need are the various catalogues which describe them.  There
are several folks on this LIST with catalogues and are too shy to say so.

Your problem is very very solveable and sounds ideal for growing bearded iris!
Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY.