From: Scott Aitken  <zebra@chcs.com>

Christopher Hollinshead wrote:

>My SDB iris SAMSON (Aitken 1994) just bloomed this am but it does not
>look anything like the picture in Aitkens catalogue.

I finally got around to asking my dad about this. He says that particular
photo in the catalog is very accurate and true to color (at least as it
grows in Vancouver, WA). If your soil is more acidic than ours, then you
may get slightly darker colors, but it should not look bland, and it should
have the same type of patterning and beard, etc.

>From your description, it appears that you definitely got the wrong iris.
Since you ordered it from someone other than my dad (ahem), you will have
to contact them for a replacement. :-)