pinks/Aurora's Blush

Clarence:  When I suggested that Aurora's Blush didn't site well next to a
pink, you asked if that other pink is Magic Bubbles, also a Willott.  I called
Jim Burke, whose garden I viewed, and he said it is Plaza Pink, also a Willott,
which is a twin of Flirtatious (sp?) the description of Plaza Pink is
a bright pink, with coral beard, and Flirtatious is pink with orange beard.
Jim said that Magic Bubbles (Willott '94) is described as coral pink self,
ruffled and laced, with coral beard.  It's out of Pink Bubbles somehow.
Jim also said that the Willots describe Aurora's Blush as rasberry pink
with a violet flush with light coral beards.

Interesting!!!  So, what's pink???  It seems that on the one hand, pink comes
through a blueish "flush" and from a coral (yellowish??) color.

In Western NY we have the Mary Pat award which was written by Maria Gerbracht
who knows her color chart!! and describes what a pink is according to the
official chart (which I don't have)

And in Pittsburgh, the PIDS had an award for "best pink"
Do other groups around the country have such an award  (THE QUESTION IS NOT

Do you all have a "best pink", "best blue", "best plicata"????? award???

The award in WNYIS includes a book to the recipient!! (KathyGuest, do you have
enuf room for these books??)
Carolyn Schaffner, checking those soggy blooms in this wet garden!! Show's on