Re: Kids and Irises

Jerry Snyder is to be congratulated for quoting the late Henry Mitchell.
Mitchell is my all time favorite garden writer.  (Allen Lacy is a close
second.)  His books are full of delightful quotes!  Mitchell was an iris
fancier--and at one time he was a member of the AIS.  Before his death, he
was the garden columnist for THE WASHINGTON POST--one of the few truly
great newspapers left in America.

Many of Mitchell's better columns have been collected in two books:

I think they are still in print.  But, if not, they're worth seeking on the
used book market.

Tom Dillard
Little Rock, Arkansas
Zone 7B