Weed Control & RoundUp

Mike Lowe mentions the "wick method" for applying RoundUp.  Here's another safe
way to use RoundUp and not have it kill or injure your plants.  A couple of
years ago I purchased a pastic insert for leaf bags.  Can' t remember what it's
called, but it is approx a 3ft x 3ft piece of plastic that you insert into your
leaf bag and it provides support to hold the bag up and keep the bag open.

 I use it with my RoundUp applications. First I form a tube (the top and bottom
is open) of of any size needed, use large paper clips on the top and bottom to
secure it.  Set it over the weeds you want to treat and then spray your RoundUp
in the top.  The plastic forms a barrier and protects the other plants.  I've
used this method on windy days also with no problems.  It's the equivalent of
"shooting fish in a barrel".
I also sand it up in front of my plants and use it with a spray edger for grass.

  RoundUp can also be used to control -notice I didn't say completely kill -
bamboo and large ivy.  Cut the end of the runner and stick it into a plastic cup
of pure RoundUp.

Bill Smoot 732101725  Portsmouth, VA