Carolyn Said:

> This author grows them with bearded, and beardless iris.  She's been
> doing it for fifty years.  Marie Callet lives in Louisana.

Carolyn and others,

Marie Caillet lives in Little Elm, Texas just a few miles, as the crow
flies, from my home.   She is a wonderful lady and irisarian.  She is,
more than anyone else, responsible for my facination with beardless
iris.  (If I've given you LAIs you can thank Marie, 'cause she gave them
to me.)  Don't miss a chance to meet her or to see her garden in bloom.
She serves as a test garden for many Louisiana iris hybridizers so you
will see the latest things as well as the classics.

BTW - Carolyn brought up a cultural point,  Maries LA's for the most part
are in beds separate from her bearded iris.  The article must give the
impression that they are grown *together*.  Marie could do this if any
one could but obviously these two types need different culture.