Re: Louisiana Iris

In a message dated 96-06-03 06:11:07 EDT, Carolyn S. wrote:

>But what do you do to register different fulva?  Do you name th em as
>varieties?  In that registering, do you describe by using color distinctions
>alone?

My 5 year old grandson is fascinated with pre-historic evolution, to include
dinasaurs...about which he know almost everything there is to know.  He likes
me to play the Smithsonian dinasaur game with him on the computer...but when
I, always player Nr. 2, attempt to put in an incorrect answer he always stops
me, and tells me the correct answer.  I told him last week: "Ryan, it's not
much of a game when you give me the answers."  His repy: "But I know the
answers, Grandpa Mahan.  You know the questions, and I know the answers."
 Well, I am not sure what to do about registering these "typical" fulva...as
little Ryan says....I only know the questions.  P.S. George Gerhardt is a
great guy, and very knowledgeable on irises.

Clarence Mahan in VA