Re: Bloomin' Black Buds

> I understand that I should cut back all of the foliage once it turns brown,

>but do I need to do anything in the meantime?  TIA, and also in retrospect
>for all the encouragement, help and information.

I think you already got one good answer re the pseudacorus, so I won't
comment.  You do not have to cut back the foliage of these irises, as
pseudacorus, versicolor and BLACK GAMECOCK will not turn brown until
winter...then you can take the old foliage off in the early spring, (or early
Dec if you prefer).  BLACK GAMECOCK is nearly evergreen in our area here in
the general D.C. area.

One thing we proved with these three irises...you can divide in early spring
and still get bloom the same year if the plants are kept wet until replanted.
 Great to know!  Your iris and waterlily pal, Clarence Mahan in VA.