Re: ANN DASCH

Clarence writes

:It is interesting that you mention that ANN DASCH, the lovely Siberian, is in
:bud, for it is the unique buds of ANN DASCH that distinguish this iris.  The
:bud starts to open, and then just stays partly opened for a day or so...and
:then opens.  The partially open bud is very beautiful as it shows both the
:blue-violet and the white in the flower.

Fascinating! I guess I'll have to go look at mine. (I was distracted by
CANONBALL and SOUTHERN DAWN this morning.)

:Did you know ANN DASCH, for whom the iris is named?

Just barely. She was doing the youth program when I joined AIS as a youth
member.

Happy irising from Tom in New Mexico (where we finally got a few clouds
but still no rain)...