Re: blaming the cultivar

Tom said - <most people aren't as detached about it as
you suggest, feeling that they're simply "upping the odds" a bit. They
will take it as fact that a particular variety is resistant or susceptible

> (tell me you've never overheard this at a club meeting) "PURPLE PARADISE
rotted
>the first year I got it; then I replaced it and it bloomed out. Why did
>Joe Bloe ever introduce such a bad performer?"

I understand your point about the probabilities, but couldn't resist
commenting on it anyway.  Besides, I owe you for Vain Challenger.  As for
your question - no, actually, I haven't ever heard anybody say things like
that.  Mostly we bemoan the fact that there are so many beautiful iris that
grow so well on the Pacific coast (ooh, look at the pictures!) that don't do
very well for us.  Maybe we just have lower expectations or are more
inexperienced or something - we blame ourselves or the climate or the
supplier or our individual gardens.  In fact, we swap varieties to see how
they do elsewhere.

Jes watch the inflammatory language!   I eat at McDonalds and keep a loaded
22 by the front door to shoot 'possums.

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east Tenn usa