Re: SAMSON, Re: Weeds

At 10:14 PM 6/2/96 MDT, you wrote:
>R.L. Creal wrote:
>>
>> *uncloaking*   The cow manure is one of the best color enhancers I
>> have observed so
>> this individual IRIS just might be suffering from poor nutrition! Hurry down
>> to your nearest cow lot and collect some nutrients and see if it does better
>> next year.
>
>R.L.
>   My wife wants to know what you do abought all the weed seeds that seem
to come
>with this form of nutrients. Here in Kansas we have plenty to go around but
all the strange
>things it brings to the garden make it more work than it is worth.
>                                             Dan Isbell  izzy@sound.net
>

>Mrs. Isbell,
   After you give orders to Dan :-) to procure this natural fertilizer the
simplest method to eliminate most of the weed seeds is to cover with plastic.
The sun will heat up and cook the seeds. Clear or black, take your choice. I
use what is available and make sure to wet the pile down and seal the edges
to contain the heat. It also helps to bury the manure when the bed is prepared.

  If you want to hear about chemicals, let me know. Used properly, they can
reduce your workload;-/.

*Work- I can still remember me Grandmother with;
        any job worth doing, is worth doing right-
and     any job, big or small, best do it right or not at all-

Take care and be well,
.
bob - in eastern North Carolina, USA

Now if someone could tell me an easy cure for bermuda grass and nut grass
control, it would make my day :-))