R.L. Creal wrote:
> *uncloaking* and don't want to start a flame war but can someone tell me why
> SAMSON(Aitken 1994) IS GETTING BEAT UP ON??? Based on HEARSAY evidence at that--
> In addition,  the HEARSAY is from an unnamed person. Poor Samson, *defamed*
> before the
> world and not one champion to come to the defense. sad sad :-(
Chris writes:

Now, Bob Creal, I don't think you read my posting very carefully or
understood it. Read it again. SAMSON is not being defamed or "beat up
on" at all.
Occasionally, in the iris world people receive the wrong iris when they
order a specific one. Mistakes happen. In this case I ordered SAMSON but
received something else in error. The iris I have was received from
someone who is fairly irrelevant to the discussion other than the fact
that he inadvertently dug and sent me the incorrect iris.

What I asked on the iris list posting was this: If you grow SAMSON does
it look like the color photo in Aitken's catalogue especially in terms
of coloration?

Sometimes lithographically produced color photos are not exactly true
due to color printing limitations. The colors can print stronger, weaker
or otherwise inaccuratly to the real life representation. In fact, NO
photo/slide or printed picture is 100% accurate in reproduction of an
original object. They may be very, very, very close in some instances
but can never be technically 100% accurate. They are representations of
the original object.

My reason for asking my question was to help determine how close a
representation of the original object (SAMSON) is the lithographic color
photo of SAMSON as it appeared in the catalogue.

Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
Director, Canadian Iris Society
e-mail: cris@netcom.ca