Parachute II & Flopsy

Suzy Ewell wrote:

>   	The Long's catalog description reads: FLOPSY (Loomis r.90) aka Loomis
flat
>	white, flower opens flat.

>	 Hmmmmm. I grew an iris I was told was Parachute #2 and I now grow
FLOPSY.
>	They are the same flower. A huge flat white that is as big as a dinner
plate.
>	 I may have been misled on the identity of my first "PARACHUTE". I will
ask
>	Cathy Gates if she can shed and light on this confusion and get back to
you.

That makes sense.  I've heard of Loomis'  "flat white", although I've never
grown it.

Parachute II was introduced before there were separate awards for arilbreds, one
of those recorded-but-not-registered varieties that we were trying to bring into
the modern system back when Herb McKusick & I were handling the ASI plant sale
and Kay Nelson held the dual offices of AIS Registrar & ASI Recorder.

Sharon McAllister (73372.1745@compuserve.com)