Parachute II & Flopsy

Suzy Ewell wrote:

>   	The Long's catalog description reads: FLOPSY (Loomis r.90) aka Loomis
>	white, flower opens flat.
>	 Hmmmmm. I grew an iris I was told was Parachute #2 and I now grow
>	They are the same flower. A huge flat white that is as big as a dinner
>	 I may have been misled on the identity of my first "PARACHUTE". I will
>	Cathy Gates if she can shed and light on this confusion and get back to
That makes sense.  I've heard of Loomis'  "flat white", although I've never
grown it.

Parachute II was introduced before there were separate awards for arilbreds, one
of those recorded-but-not-registered varieties that we were trying to bring into
the modern system back when Herb McKusick & I were handling the ASI plant sale
and Kay Nelson held the dual offices of AIS Registrar & ASI Recorder.

Sharon McAllister (73372.1745@compuserve.com)