  • To: IRIS-L@Rt66.com
  • Subject: Help
  • From: lwilliam%smtpgate@csgmp.csg.org (Laura Williams)
  • Date: Mon Jun 3 14:22:55 1996
  • Mmdf-Warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at csgmp.csg.org

Thanks to those of you who helped id rot for me on one of my first iris.
I tried to save him, but he just gradually dissolved. Now I have a more
heinous crime to report.

My irises run along a wooden stockade fence.  They are mainly TB whites,
no name that I know of - they were given to me. They are gorgeous though,
about three feet tall in bloom, yellow beards, big as my fist.  Last
year, I tried a new iris purchased at the local iris society sale - Ft.
Bragg - big and blue.

Anyway, my neighbor had her fence sprayed with sealer, allegedly telling
the sprayer to watch out for my irises, but to no avail.  They now sport
a high gloss. Blooms are gone and brown spots are appearing on the fans.
I thought perhaps if I left the foliage the rhizomes would gain some
benefit, but I don't know. Is there any way to save them? Should I cut
them back and move them?

Laura Williams
Lexington, KY