Siberians in New Mexico, in the shade!

I planted a couple Siberians in the shade of a huge apricot tree,
along with hostas, ferns, lily-of-the-valley, and violets. The first
year, the Siberians bloomed, but the second year they didn't. I
just figured it was too shady and wrote them off. This year (their
third), CONTRAST IN STYLES bloomed on three nice stalks, and looked
very healthy. Perhaps it was the infamous "settling in" period (I'm
new to Siberians). Anyway, it is very encourage that I can grow
Siberians here in New Mexico, even with the added penalty of shade.

In the back yard, where there is a little more sun, a one-year-old
plant of ANN DASCH is in bud.