Cow's ect.

SCHAFFCM@SNYBUFAA.CS.SNYBUF.EDU wrote:

>  Does compostin take care of weeds?? in manure??? do you use horse or
> cow manure?  How about when you bury it in the trench when you double dig ??
> Are seeds a problem only with top dressing with manure or can there be some
> way around it????
>         That's my latest excusse for not getting over to the horse stables
> for a load or two.
>       If you'r compost is hot enuf, (pile built right, turned often, ect) there should
be no weed seeds to trouble you. But I tend to make the lazy mans compost. You know
a big pile of what ever is handy turned once at 6 mounth then used the next spring.
When I do get manure to add to this pile it is most often rabbit or sheep that do not
have the weed seed content of cow or horse. just lucky to have a place where I can get
a few ton's of ether whenever I feel the need to get realy dirty and smelly so I can go
to McDonalds, park my truck (overflowing) near the door & go inside to eat.
  The wife and I make and use several ton's a year, great stuff, better than anything
you can get from the store.                 Dan  (Don't like McDonalds) izzy@sound.net