finally saw an iris in bloom.....

	Greetings,

	I was in Penacook, NH (near Concord) yesterday and actually saw some
	bearded irises blooming! My friend who was driving almost went off
	the road when we spotted all these wonderful irises in full bloom.

	Her TB's haven't even got one bud yet! What a difference 90 miles
	south makes up here....I think we were in Zone 5(?)...a different
	world from Zone 3.

	Another friend has an interesting home page (iris):

	   http://www.ncia.net/mrff/index.html

	Since it is up here in the tundra - there is a section on planting
	zones - and sections on Siberians and Japanese (and lilies). No
	price list, of course, just information.

	Jody introduced me to Siberians and Japanese irises and has helped
	me immensely in the last few years on culture, etc.

	We have irises in our compost pile - oh, dear! They are rooting in
	dead leaves - I think they are Japanese....could it be, Clarence?

	We are starting another compost pile further back in the woods since
	this can't be used on flowers, now.

	Ellen Gallagher    e_galla@moose.ncia.net