siberians, louisianas and weather

Even the siberians put on a pathetic show this year - some did not bloom at
all, and most of my old established clumps only put on a few stalks.  What
factors have you guys noticed (scientifically valid observations AND half
baked notions) seem to affect abundance of bloomstalks in siberians?  This
time, I am NOT asking about varietal differences for a change.
 Fertilization?  Weather?  Timing of weather?

My two Louisiana iris have loved this year's weather - they are very large
blossomed and attractive for a change - usually too hot, windy, and dry for
them by the time they bloom.

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com e tenn usa