Re: SAMSON

the conversation went like this:

>Chris wrote:
> >My SDB iris SAMSON (Aitken 1994) just bloomed this am but it does not
> >look anything like the picture in Aitkens catalogue....

>Scott Aitken wrote:
> I will pass this along to my dad. Occasionally the wrong Iris gets sent.
> Please describe in detail what you got, so that they can figure out if it
> is the wrong plant or not.

Chris writes to clarify:
This plant did not come direct from Aitken's but came to me from another
party. But I know that the other party did get it direct as a new
1994 introduction though. I will advise this other person that this is
the incorrect iris so it (the incorrect one) does not get spread around
any further.

I've just looked at the bloom again and I'm really quite sure that this
is not the SDB iris SAMSON. The one I have lacks the deep amber patch on
the hafts. It also lacks the deeper tone on the standards and the beards
are not the deep amber as the photo shows. It is overall (including the
beards) the same color which is similar to the very light color area on
the bottom of the falls in the catalog photo.

I know that mistakes can happen, but I just wondered if anybody else's
SAMSON looked exactly like the photo in terms of intensity of
coloration.
--
Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b