KCIS show

     Helped judge the King County show yesterday. It was a small show- all the
usual reasons, rain, wind, hail, with evidence of such on some blossums.
     It was interesting to be on a team with  Bennet Jones. He is a pretty
sharp guy, doesn't miss much.

     As Sterling (not Innerst) said Drady's Girl was Best of Show
     Best sib             Pink Haze
     Best Tb             Syncopation (best I've ever seen of one of my
     Best Historic      Meadowlark
     Best Bulb          Blue Ideal
     Best JI              Springtime Snow
     Best Calsib       Fine Line
     Best spec          I prismatica
     Best in Youth     Rare Treat

George and Carla Lankow had a fine educational of more varity of iris from
unusual unique , oldies but goodies, every variety in bloom at the time I

Walsterways Nursery had a line of about 10 tables full of iris as a commerical
display. Club members went out a collected them the day before. Great

Rita B
in sunny warm(for today) western Washington State
>From where in Tacoma, Wa today The Great American Race started off today. I
believe all the participating vehicles must be pre 1950. The oldest we saw was
a 1907. for more info www.greatrace.com