TB: Sunkist Frills

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: TB: Sunkist Frills
  • From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 07:42:34 -0600 (MDT)

As I was visiting Whitehouse Perennials yesterday, I was asked to help
identify their TBs that had labels mixed up.  There were five varieties
that they really wanted to identify and I was only able to help with two
-- Stepping Out and Queen in Calico.  Two others were not distinctive
enough to even hazard a guess, e.g., light blue self with white beards.
But there is one that could be Sunkist Frills -- light yellow with a
darker yellow quarter-inch band around the falls and lace that is light
yellow.  Standards are lightly laced.  From a distance it looks like
Sunray Reflection but up close the band and lacing is very distinctive.
Can anyone help?

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)