Re: OT:OT in Iris-Land, Part II

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT:OT in Iris-Land, Part II
  • From: "John I. Jones" <jijones@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 10:20:27 -0600 (MDT)

Jan Clark wrote:
> =

> You have to admit this is 'Iris humour' and therefore relevant to the
> list. Hope no one gets heart burn from this one Griff ;-)) (evil grin)

Well that is stretching it a bit, but the real reason for this reply is t=
hat
you forgot the ":" in the URL below. It should read:

http://www.rosemart.com/phil-yard-iris-farm/ =

 =

> However all is not lost, as, in my travel through cyberspace, I ran int=
> a new Iris Web page. Now all those people who read OT posts will be abl=
> to go to Phil Yard Iris Farm and look at some lovely pictures.
> =

> http//www.rosemart.com/phil-yard-iris-farm/
> =

> (Sorry, I don't know how to do this in blue).

and most email programs detect the phrase http:// they will auitomaticall=
change the color of all the text up to the next space.

Test this by sending your self a fake URL

-- =

REMEMBER:
 =

Cut out that superfluous "Reply" text

Edit those Subject lines. =

Use(edit) the right Category

(To remind myself as well)
---

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Fremont, California, USA, Earth, USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay) =

Heavy clay base for my raised beds.
http://members.home.net/jijones

On this day in:

1495, the first written record of Scotch Whiskey appeared in the Excheque=
Rolls of Scotland. Friar John Cor is the distiller.

1638, the first earthquake was recorded in the U.S. at Plymouth, Mass.

1813, the U.S. Navy gained its motto as the mortally wounded commander of=
 the
U.S. frigate "Chesapeake", Captain James Lawrence was heard to say, "Don'=
give up the ship!", during a losing battle with a British frigate "Shanno=
n";
his ship was captured by the British frigate.

1533, Anna Boleyn crowned queen of England

and at the top of the charts in:

1960 - Cathy=92s Clown - The Everly Brothers