Re: HYB: We have horns!

>>Wonder what the judges would think of this ugly duckling if I can >get
>it to the show on Saturday?
>
>So did you get it to the show? What did the judges think?
>Jan

Hi, Jan--no, I chickened out and didn't take it--by then, there were three
separate seedlings with the same appearance--evidently THORNBIRD is highly
prepotent.  Instead, I took a seedling from another cross, with deep
chocolate standards and fall rim, and bright lavender-blue falls.  The form
is bad, but it got best seedling (out of one) anyway.  Meanwhile, a visitor
to my garden raved about the THORNBIRD seedlings, so maybe I should have
taken it.  Oh, well.

Barb in Santa Fe