SIB: Id help needed please

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: SIB: Id help needed please
  • From: JEM300@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 16:35:02 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Listers,
 I am looking for an identification on a siberian.  (GROAN)  I know they are
 really difficult to try to id but here's my description:
 Diploid, deep violet round falls veined deeper, NO signal, hafts barely
 visible but when I pull the fall down it is a brownish violet.  Upper center
 of fall contains a blue-violet coloration. Upright standards slightly lighter
 than falls with teardrop shape about equal in length to the falls.  Stylearms
 are light purple with a dark purple midrib.  Bloomtime probably Mid to Late
 season.  Height about 23".  No branching, 2 buds.
 Anyone willing to take a stab at this one?  My eyes are getting sore looking
 through the checklist.  :)
 Linda Doffek             West Bend, WI