 come 'true' from seed.

 I don't know of any iris that
 meet these criteria -- although
 many are homozygous for
 individual traits and quite a
 few do have the tendency to
 produce offspring with a
 strong family resemblance. >>

Interesting. Someone asked me and I wasn't sure because I remembered some
naturally occurring species color forms, like the white Iris tectorum, and the
paler yellow I. pseudacorus will come true if selfed. For those unfamiliar
with this plant it is a pink form of the species I. ensata.

Thank you,  Sharon.

Anner Whitehead,Richmond,VA
Henry Hall Henryanner@aol.com