SPEC: X robusta

Sorry Jan,
I was the one that mentioned X robusta. Personally, I don't know what it means
either. This is what is said in the '89 checklist:
GERALD DARBY (G. Darby by coe, R. 1968). Change of classification, description
and parentage to: LAEV apogon hybrid, up to 6' (183 cm). Blue violet with
violet-colored leaf bases. Appears to belong to I. x robusta, E. Anderson, the
cross of I. versicolor with I. virginica. Sets few good seeds. Chromosome
count 2n + 88-89.
Maybe someone can shed some light about what I. x robusta really means?

Iris Maniac,
Sterling (not Innerst)
Seattle, Washington
Zone 8