TB - Thornbird

I will add a rather late opinion on Thornbird. I actually had not seen
it until this morning.

As in "Casey at the Bat', there is no joy in Mudville today. I have to
assume that this iris must be rather particular about it's environment.
I am quite sure that I have never seen an introduced iris with such
muddy color in the falls. As it is growing here, if it were a seedling
and I was interested in horns, I would keep it for further breeding.
Without the horns it would be compost bound.

I realize that it must have great merit in other places, in order to
have impressed so many judges, and thus I am not questioning the
judgement of the hybridizer or the judges. Just saying that it is a very
fortunate iris in that it did not originate here.

Disappointed

John Montgomery
monashee@junction.net
Vernon  BC  Zone 5