Re: OT: Kaffir Lily

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT: Kaffir Lily
  • From: ECPep@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 09:40:17 -0600 (MDT)

In a message dated 6/2/98 10:36:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
billc@atlantic.net writes:

<<      Could any of you all tell me anything about Kaffir Lily [Schizostylis
 coccinea]?  I have yet to encounter it, but The Sunset National Garden Book
 lists it as being suitable for both Sunset Zones 26 and 28, and I am on the
 border of the two.  Where would be a good source for the plants?
      This is a member of the Iris Family. >>

I have several infant schizostylis fron SIGNA seed.  If you do a web search
using schizostylis coccinea you come up with Heronswood Nursery and several
sources of more information.

How perfectly wonderful to grow all of these irises in a garden.  They will be
a pot plant here.

Claire Peplowski
East Nassau, NY
zone 4     (with three days off power and unusual tornado damage in our area)