RE: stalk height was Bloom Report

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: RE: stalk height was Bloom Report
  • From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 10:00:21 -0600 (MDT)

I have decided that weather is a signficant determinant of height.  With
iris bloom about three weeks early for us, about half the TBs bloomed
their normal height with weaker stalks and some with fewer branches and
bud count.

Others bloomed at a foot shorter with only a few with lower bud counts.
There were quite a few with not-quite developed second buds.

Maureen Mark
mmark@ottawa.com
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)