Re: Letter from England re: Weeds, Weather, and Woolworths

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Letter from England re: Weeds, Weather, and Woolworths
  • From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 16:08:09 -0600 (MDT)

>The little packets of dry bare-rooted rhizomes sometimes yield
interesting results. For several years Woolworths sold these in packages
labelled "Bicolour", with an unmistakable photograph of LORELEY on the
front and when planted they turned out without exception to be MILDRED
PRESBY!"

This is very interesting Anner. Visiting K.mart yesterday, I saw for the
first time in a few years, iris in little packets. One labelled 'yellow
shades' one 'pink shades' (a smooth, dog eared, pale plicata.)and one
'Bicolour' with a picture of an attractive older style bicolour. I felt
drawn to the latter, but didn't yield. Maybe I'll weaken next time? The
pink I bought several years ago ended on the compost heap. Is 'LORELEY'
pictured on the HIPS site?
BTW, Griff, I found the 'Miracle Grow' for my seedlings.
Jan Clark.