Woolworths + other people who shouldn't sell iris

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Woolworths + other people who shouldn't sell iris
  • From: Debby Wheeler <foxbrook@javanet.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 19:09:01 -0600 (MDT)

Jan Clark wrote:

> >The little packets of dry bare-rooted rhizomes sometimes yield
> interesting results.

Joining the ranks of Woolworths and K.mart is "Dave's Soda and Pet Food
City" where I saw (amongst the rats, mice, gerbils, parakeets,
non-alcoholic beverages and puppy chow) a box containing "water iris"
with a picture of a caesar's brother-like siberian on the side, as well
as a pseudacorus.  As far as I know, this plants will last perhaps two
weeks out of soil at the very most, if kept properly moist, so I have no
idea what that package conatined and it wasn't worth the eight bucks to
find out. Misinformation at so many levels, alas....
Andrew Wheeler
foxbrook@javanet.com