OT: Kaffir Lilies

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT: Kaffir Lilies
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 20:42:46 -0600 (MDT)

     I wish to thank Claire Peplowski and R. Dennis Hager for some
information on Kaffir Lilies.  Are they bulbous or rhizomatous?  Also, I
wonder if spring shipment would be best in Florida, or if it would be
better to plant in fall so they could root during the cooler winter months.

     I found an image of this plant, and it appears to be quite attractive.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, Florida.