Re: TB: stalk height

Linda Mann, answering Donald's question about factors affecting stalk height
said:

<<  Three dominant factors here are winter/spring roller coaster freezes,
 temperature, water.  >>

To which I would add sun factors. Irises grown well but in some shade may grow
leggier that ones in the bright sun, although those growing with strong sun
from one direction only may elongate in stretching toward it. It strikes me as
possible, therefore, that irises grown in very strong, even sun may bloom
shorter in any conditions which favor hard growth over lush growth.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond,VA
Henry Hall   henryanner@aol.com