Re: TB - Thornbird

I had not seen Thornbird personally until this year.
Photos looked very nice, so I was quite excited about
seeing it in two different gardens on the same day, May 17.

What a disappointment!  I almost walked right past it
at Winterberry, where the colors were so blah that I
didn't even see the blossoms on it at first.  I looked
closer, but if anything, that turned me off more.

Later that day, I saw Thornbird in my friend's garden,
where the colors looked a bit more like the photos I'd
seen, but it still did not impress me.  I have to say
that now, after seeing it locally, I have no desire
whatsoever to have Thornbird in my garden.

For those who are unsure about Thornbird, I would advise
you to definitely view this iris _in_a_garden_near_your_
own_ before you decide to purchase it.  I'm glad I did.

Kathryn Ludwick   Burlington, West Virginia
Zone 5/6   AIS Region 4, HIPS
(nestled in the foothills of the Alleghenies)