Re: CULT: Herbicidal Drift

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Herbicidal Drift
  • From: "Gordon and Lorraine Nicholson" <iris4u@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 14:32:20 -0600 (MDT)

I know that the herbicidal drift question was for Anner but would like to
add that the same thing happened to us, fence neighbor (actual field
setting) sprayed Round Up on his side, the drift came over to first row of
iris, they did look very sick for about two to three weeks (of course
during bloom time with potential customers in field).  They did survive, we
do not know what long term problems may develope.  NOW we keep the fence
line weed wacked and did mention to the neighbor  that we would appreciate
him not using herbicides up wind of us, he is a very kind neighbor and sure
he will do his best not to spray us again.  We do hope that your damage is
not Total destruction.  Lorraine in Sunny Motown

Lorraine & Gordon Nicholson
Woodland Iris Garden, Modesto Ca.
Region 14, Zone 9, >iris4u@pacbell.net<