Help! Locusts!

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Help! Locusts!
  • From: ernie henson <erni@midwest.net>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 14:36:09 -0600 (MDT)

Thanks, everyone...for your advice about our locust problem.  It hasn't
abated but at least, armed with more information, it's not so alarming.  We
have to sweep them off the deck every morning.  And they land on you in
great numbers when you go outdoors and have to be brushed off so they won't
come indoors on your clothing.  They still make a lot of noise. But they
seem to be getting a
little lethargic.  I think they won't be here much longer.  I understand
this  phenomenon occurs once in about 250 years so it's nice we could
experience it.
They are facinating, as several of you mentioned.  Thanks again,  Ann Henson