Re: CULT: Herbicidal Drift

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Herbicidal Drift
  • From: The Hiltibidals <dutchman@fgi.net>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 18:12:42 -0600 (MDT)

Can you lift and move them, or are they just too many to do for?  Are your
iris a little down-hill from the neighbor's or up - as in if your iris are
higher than theirs, its probably not leaching through the soil into the
roots, might have been transmitted by fumes - ergo its the fans that
received the poison.  If your iris are downhill, and the possibility exists
they received poison through their roots/rhyzomes and may already be
gone.  Can you find out what they used and how it was applied?  If it was a
mist absorbed by the fans - I'd think you could cut the fans to prevent
further transmission to the rhy - but only after you find out if the
substance is indeed toxic to iris.

So sorry to hear of such incidents - more so when I know it is irises that
are threatened. Its noever ditch lilys - is it?
sharon Hiltibdial